Honeymoon Destinations: A honeymoon is more than simply a getaway! Rather, it is a great method to commemorate that perfect nuptial relationship. So, why not spend it at one of India’s finest honeymoon destinations? These locations spell romance like no other, giving you plenty of time to get to know one another while sharing some memorable moments. From the ethereal splendor of Kerala to the golden deserts of Thar to the gorgeous beaches of the Andaman Islands, you will fall in love all over again.
India will undoubtedly convince you to abandon overseas locations due to its abundance of surprises. This colorful country will not disappoint you if you choose it as your ultra-private honeymoon getaway. So, why not spend your entire honeymoon at India’s most romantic locations?
- Leh and Ladakh
How about rounding out your perfect honeymoon spot by including Mall Road, the Ridge, and a toy train? Shimla, one of India’s most prominent hill stations, is ideal for newlywed couples looking for a romantic getaway. Himachal Pradesh’s capital city, with its old-world beauty, is without a doubt one of the top honeymoon destinations in India. Shimla’s nearest railway station is Kalka, while the nearest airports are Chandigarh and Delhi.
Things to do in Shimla to make your honeymoon special
- Ice Skating
- Watch the sunrise from Chadwick Falls.
- Go for a long romantic walk.
Best time to visit Shimla for honeymoon: Throughout the year
2. Manali – Honeymoon Destination
Manali, hailed as a lovers’ paradise, tops the list of snowy Honeymoon Destinations in India. You may gaze at the breathtaking landscapes, take in the fresh mountain air, or participate in activities of your choice.
The famous hill town is likely to make your romantic getaway unforgettable. The location appeals to people who do not want to limit their honeymoon to the comforts of their accommodation because it offers a variety of adventure activities. Manali is easily accessible by air via the Bhuntar (Kullu) airport and by train via the Jogindernagar Railway Station.
Things to do in Manali to make your honeymoon special
- River Rafting
- Sightseeing of secluded valleys.
- Excursion to Jogini Falls.
- Go for a Yak ride.
Best time to visit Manali for honeymoon: All year round
3. Dalhousie – Honeymoon Destination
Regarded as one of the best places in India for a honeymoon, Dalhousie can transform your romantic getaway into eternity. Mesmerizing you with happiness and mystery pervading the air, the hill town invites you to stay longer than expected.
The pine-covered valley creates the perfect atmosphere for the two of you to spend quality time together. Easily accessible from Pathankot Station or Gaggal Airport, the location is ideal for both of you. No wonder the “Little Switzerland of India” is worth a visit.
Things to do in Dalhousie to make your honeymoon special
- Hike to the enchanting Daikund Peak.
- Journeys Explore Khajjiar.
- Take a refreshing dip in Satdhaara Falls.
- Go shopping.
Best time to visit Dalhousie for honeymoon: Any time of year
Also read- Top 10 Luxury Hotels in the Andaman Islands
4. Auli – Honeymoon Destination
Auli is a skier’s heaven and one of India’s top adventurous honeymoon resorts. The location is wonderful for treasuring an ideal Indian honeymoon because it provides an ideal retreat from city life. If you have a long-standing desire to spend your honeymoon in the lap of snow-capped mountains, Auli has you covered.
It is joy beyond description, with romantic hideaways, gorgeous lakes, and breathtaking views. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport, while the nearest train station is Rishikesh Railway Station.
Activities in Auli to make your honeymoon memorable
- Enjoy the cable car journey from Joshimath.
- Wander to Gurso Bugyal.
- Luxurious resorts provide the ultimate in luxury.
- Make your own snowman and take a bunch of photos with it.
- Enjoy the splendor of magnificent lakes such as Chattrakund Lake and Auli Artificial Lake.
- The best time to visit Auli for a honeymoon: All year.
Also read- Auli – A perfect place for adventure and photography
5. Nainital – Honeymoon Destination
Somewhere in Nainital, there is a serenity that completely fills the heart. With lakes, hills, and breathtaking scenery exuding romanticism in every detail, you can certainly envision the ideal honeymoon of your life here. As a result, the hill town is regarded as one of the top – Honeymoon Destination in India. Allow yourselves to do nothing but sit back and gaze at the stars while holding each other’s hands.
Although the hill town does not have its own airport, you can fly to Nainital and deboard at Indira Gandhi International Airport. In addition, the Kathgodham Railway Station is around 34 kilometers away.
Things to do in Nainital to make your honeymoon special
- Enjoy a romantic boat ride on Nainital Lake.
- Marvel at the sunrise from Tiffin Top.
- Experience the divinity of the Hanuman Garhi.
- Delight in a bird’s eye view of the surroundings from the Nainital ropeway.
- Stroll amidst the Cave Gardens.
Best time to visit Nainital for honeymoon: October to June
6. Mussoorie – Honeymoon Destination
Mussoorie is a popular honeymoon destination for many couples. The location invites you to spend an amazing honeymoon with its gushing waterfall, tranquil surroundings, and awe-inspiring cable car excursions. This hill town, often known as the ‘Queen of the Hills,’ is deservedly regarded as one of India’s most romantic destinations. Libraries, churches, and summer destinations enhance the beauty of the area.
The nearby Dehradun valley is worth exploring while you’re here on your honeymoon. Dehradun, which is 54 kilometers away, has the nearest train station and airport.
Things to do in Mussoorie to make your honeymoon special
- Camping in the mountains.
- Try your hands at paragliding.
- Go for skywalks
- Relax and watch the clouds cross over.
Best time to visit Mussoorie for honeymoon: October to June
Also read- How to travel another country on a low budget || foreign trip under 50k
7. Darjeeling – Honeymoon Destination
Why not spend your honeymoon in Darjeeling? The charismatic hill village, nestled among the serene environs, exudes a beautiful aura. Take your better half to one of India’s top 10 honeymoon spots for a romantic date that looks straight out of a storybook.
Aside from showing your love, surprise your spouse with a beautiful collection of orchids and rhododendrons. Bagdogra Airport is the closest airport to Darjeeling, and New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is nearby.
Things to do in Darjeeling to make your honeymoon special
- Embarking upon the toy train, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to revel in a joyride is an absolute must.
- Sip a hot cup of Darjeeling tea while relaxing amidst soothing tea plantations.
- Bask in the bliss at the serene monasteries.
- Feel the adrenalin rush while you both partake in river rafting.
- Savor world-best Momos and Thukpa.
Best time to visit Darjeeling for honeymoon: October to May
8. Andaman – Honeymoon Destination
Andaman is connected with romance for many newlyweds and love-struck vacationers because it is inviting and fascinating. Offering many surprises, the destinations enchant you with never-ending adventures. It’s no surprise that the picturesque archipelago is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in India.
What about shocking your partner with an underwater proposal? Scuba diving in Andaman is for you if the notion thrills you. You will undoubtedly like returning to this location. Andaman and Nicobar Islands have their own airport in Port Blair. Furthermore, ships depart from Vizag, Chennai, and Kolkata on a daily basis.
Things to do in Andaman to make your honeymoon special
- Indulge in a number of water sports like snorkeling and so on.
- Bask in the sunshine at the popular beaches in Andaman.
- Spend some ‘We’ time at the secluded islands.
- Marvel at the breathtaking sunset views at Radhanagar Beach.
- Travel on a seaplane.
Best time to visit Andaman for honeymoon: October to May
Also read- Best honeymoon resort in Munnar to take your love to paradise
Gangtok, the pride of North East India, is automatically on the bucket list of newlyweds looking for honeymoon destinations in India. The capital city of Sikkim, which exudes unparalleled beauty, has much to offer. Make your Gangtok honeymoon unforgettable by seeing some of the greatest attractions.
Indeed, the serene emotions that pervade the lovely monasteries will undoubtedly wash away all of your wedding’s fatigue. The nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri, and those flying to Gangtok can disembark at Bagdogra Airport.
Things to do in Gangtok to make your honeymoon special
- Reach Tiger Hill before the sun rises.
- Stroll amidst emerald tea gardens.
- Appreciate an enthralling ropeway ride.
- Plan an excursion to Tsomgo Lake on a Yak.
- Refresh your mind, body, and soul at Peace Pagoda and its attractive monasteries.
Best time to visit Gangtok for honeymoon: Throughout the year
10. Goa – Honeymoon Destination
Even if you have to go to the west for this beach vacation spot, the laidback atmosphere is worth the effort. This little state often called as the “Tourist Paradise,” knows how to win hearts with its beaches, shrines, backwaters, and nightlife. This makes it one of the greatest honeymoon destinations in India.
Other reasons you’ll like spending time with your sweetheart here include the excellent cuisine, comforting sunsets and sunrises, and Panaji’s culturally rich city. Furthermore, Goa International Airport, Madgaon Railway Station, and Vasco-da-Gama Railway Station provide connectivity.
Things to do in Goa to make your honeymoon special:
- Get hooked on serenity with the Mandovi River cruise.
- Explore the mysterious caves.
- Try watersports like scuba diving, snorkeling, parasailing, and kayaking.
- Watch the sunset and sunrise on the beautiful beaches.
- Dance the night away with your partner at the popular clubs.
Best time to visit Goa for honeymoon: November to March
Also read: 5 BEST PLACES THAT WILL GIVE YOU A FOREIGN-LIKE FEELING
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: Life Active to know all the main facts about life, You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.