Breastfeeding moms wonder if the food that they eat will affect their child’s health. It is important to have a healthy and balanced diet food try choosing fresh fruits, vegetables do add Protein and healthy fats to your diet. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both mom and child. The women that breastfeed have a low risk of developing heart disease and diabetes. Breast milk has nutrients and protective compounds that are essential for your baby’s development and overall growth
As a breastfeeding mom, you need to be very careful while eating because your diet will directly impact your child’s health.
Also read: [2 min] Exercise for women on busy days
You can use the following tips that help you to plan your diet
- Protein should be included in your diet at least 2-3 times per day such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs dairy, beans, nuts, and seeds
- Include green and yellow vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, and spinach as they contain lactogenic properties it will benefit your health and have a positive effect on milk production
- Include ashwagandha as an herb that is traditionally an ayurvedic medicine. it has been shown to have specific lactogenic properties.
- Include whole grains such as whole wheat bread, cereal, and oats in your daily diet they have a great source of carbohydrates, fiber, and vitamins and minerals it also helps boost milk supply.
- Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flaxseeds are the powerhouse of nutrition it has high essential minerals such as iron, calcium, and zinc as well as vitamin k and b they are also a healthy source of essential fatty acids and proteins.
- Drinking water is very much essential and many likely to have more thirst while breastfeeding because when you breastfeed your baby latches on to your breast, and your oxytocin level increases so ensure that you stay properly hydrated while feeding the baby.
It is very essential to have a proper diet and take proper meals while breastfeeding because you need daily nutrients and so does your baby. Each baby reacts differently to different kinds of food, so what works for your baby may not work for your baby. Be patient with your body and with your baby
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: Life Active to know all the main facts about life, You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.